West Bengal State University
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
1. To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University;
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra University workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the University, leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices;
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in University;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance and accreditation bodies (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of HEIs based on the AQAR;
- Interaction withState Quality Assurance cells(SQACs) in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavors.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
a) Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
b) The relevance and quality of academic and research programmers;
c) Equitable access to and afford ability of academic programmers for various sections of society;
d) Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
e) The credibility of evaluation procedures;
f) Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
g) Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of the University (such as Syndicate, Governing Council/Board) for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The Universities shall regularly submit the AQARs to the NAAC/other accreditation bodies.
- All Universities shall submit AQARs and/or QRs and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on University website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
a) Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
b) Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
c) Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices;
d) Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
e) Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the University;
f) Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication